We are looking for a leader of our work within Anti-Financial Crime (AFC). The Head of AFC will lead two teams – one for fraud and one for Anti Money Laundering (AML), in the important work to prevent all forms of financial crime. Nordax is highly committed in this instrumental work to ensure full compliance to regulations, manage our credit risk and not least – deliver on our commitment as a good corporate citizen.
The successful candidate will serve an instrumental role in shaping our success by managing the teams, and several strategic initiatives as part of our growth journey. The Head of AFC will report directly to the Director of Credit Risk & Analytics (CR&A) and be a senior leader in this function to help further strengthen our overall work within the area of credit risk and analytics.
Nordax is large enough to be a relevant player in the market, and take matters within AFC, compliance, regulations, and ethical standards very seriously. And we are small enough to maintain the family culture of a start up. The successful candidate will be comfortable operating in such a dual culture and can easily jump from detailed regulatory requirements, to synthesize and help set the tone from the top.
Nordax has had a history of strong growth, from a small specialist bank with a single product in a single market – to a contender across the Nordics with multiple financial products. As a part of our continued growth ambition, we have declared our intent to buy Bank Norwegian in order to create a strong group for the future. Such a group would be more than double the size of Nordax today, in terms of portfolio, and also cover credits cards. The process is ongoing, and subject to fulfillment of the outstanding conditions for the offer and settlement taking place, Nordax would become the owner of at least 2/3 of the shares in Bank Norwegian, following acceptances from a strong majority of the shareholders.
Your work will include
- Manage the work of the two teams: (Anti) Fraud and Anti Money Laundering including Counter Terrorism Financing (CTF), consisting of senior experts and coworkers
- Develop our AFC framework, including policies, instructions, standard operating procedures
- Support subsidiaries to Nordax with AFC matters, ranging from managing Q&A to strategic management through board
- Provide strategic guidance to CR&A, our Customer Operations and the wider organisation on upcoming regulatory changes and potential product/process implications together with Compliance
- Collaboration with CR&A, the Money Laundering Reporting Officer and other relevant functions in and outside the organization
We expect you to have
- At least 5 years in AFC roles, with an emphasis on AML and CTF, ideally across multiple geographies in the Nordics and with credit cards
- Solid knowledge, and practical experience, of the Swedish and European AML & CTF regulations, and the obligations deriving therefrom
- Experience in creating highly effective teams, and help them navigate and create impact across a wider organization
- Proven ability to drive change from e.g., new regulations, new markets/products or similar
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high performance environment, where you create and follow high professional standards
- Personal interest and ethos to work with AML and CTF questions, extending into fraud
- Ability to communicate well, including the ability to synthesize complex information into comprehensible and clear writing
- Intrinsic drive to spot, scope, and work to solve problems
- Fluency in English and Swedish
Additionally, we see positively if you have
Working experience from related fields, such as consumer protection laws, EU regulation, audits, credit
- Knowledge about multiple Transaction Monitoring (TM) systems, their respective pros and cons, and how to fine-tune them
- Prior experience from work at a financial regulator or government entity, covering the fight against financial crime
If you want to know more
Please feel free to contact Julia Stenberg, Talent Acquisition Manager, at email@example.com if you have any specific questions about the position or our process. Hiring manager is Markus Kirsten. Due to GDPR, we are unable to handle applications sent to us by email.
We will review applications continuously and the position may be filled before the application deadline, so make sure not to wait until the last day! The applications should include your CV.
We believe in evidence-based tests in order to eliminate unconscious bias and increase hiring precision - the right person for the right position. For this reason, we use Alva Labs assessment methods for our recruitment processes to help us identifying candidates with the greatest probability to succeed in this role.
We also want to inform you that we take UC (check payment remarks) and ask for an excerpt from the police criminal record for all positions at Nordax.
Nordax Bank is a leading specialist bank in the Nordic region providing private loans and deposit accounts to about 200 000 customers in Sweden, Norway and Finland. Nordax also offers mortgages in Sweden and Norway. Nordax employs about 300 people, all working in one office in Stockholm.
Nordax challenges the large banks and aspires to be the obvious choice in the new normal way of living. Nordax is responsible and wholehearted towards both customers and internally. Nordax was founded by six entrepreneurs with a solid experience of risk management. Nordax is unique among specialist banks by having several sources of funding. Nordax Bank is under the supervision of the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority since 2004 and the savings accounts are covered by the government deposit guarantee.